Friday, June 29, 2012

The Keller Where Leif Bit the Glass

I was surprised that we could find this restaurant after all these years. It's been 35 years since we ate there with two-and-a-half-year-old Leif and eight-and-a-half-year-old Peter A. We didn't go there this time, finding it rather expensive, but I wish I'd gone downstairs and taken a picture. Unless they've completely remodeled it, I can picture it well.
This is the place that Leif bit a chunk out of the glass. It was a thin tumbler filled with Apfelsaft (apple juice) which was usually what our boys got to drink when we were eating out in Germany. I had quite a time getting the broken glass out of his mouth. He didn't cry, but resisted letting me fish out the glass. I was glad he apparently didn't swallow any or cut himself. It could have been very dangerous.
He loved the little Nurnberg Bratwurstl, tasty link sausages about a sixth the size of a regular bratwurst.





No comments:

Post a Comment