Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Is He Here?

People tell me that Leif sees us, knows how we feel, that he's here. They believe this, but how can they know? Isn't that wishful thinking? Or have we somehow been taught that even though there supposedly aren't any such thing as ghosts, there really are . . . given that a large percentage of people believe in them?

Or, they tell me he's gone "to a better place," or that he's "in heaven." That, too, is a matter of belief, but depending upon which dogma you believe, Leif might be somewhere other than heaven, as a nonbeliever.

Tonight a funny thing happened. Peter W. was saying something about Leif and a small blue and white decorative plate fell off the wall. I jokingly said that I guessed Leif didn't like what he said, but I think some people would take that seriously. Personally, I think that if Leif were around and wanted us to know it, he'd pick something far more technically savvy and dramatic than knocking a plate off the wall.

And if he is here, is he here ALL the time? Like Santa Claus who "sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good, for goodness sake"? Think what THAT would really be like?

I talk to Leif a lot, but he doesn't talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment