Thursday, November 27, 2008

Leif on Thanksgiving 1976 - Age 1 Year 10 Months


This Thanksgiving day I have much to be thankful for, a large and loving family, reasonably good health, enough money to enjoy life, a loving husband, and a nice home, to start with. I'm grateful for my sons and grandchildren. And, I'm grateful for the 33 years I had with Leif. I am glad for all the love he brought to my life, the things he taught me, the memories of all the time we spent together.

Thanksgiving hasn't been a time when we always took good family photos, but here and there I've found a photo of Leif on a Thanksgiving day. This is one of the earliest ones. It was taken at my sister Lannay's house, I think, which at that time was at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. He was two months shy of two years old, and we were living in Charlottesville, Virginia at the time. He's dressed in his pajamas because it was after dinner and he was getting ready to go to sleep. Like most little kids, he was a limber little guy, and could put his toe in his mouth. We got a kick out of that, he he was showing off. We have silent old Super 8mm movies taken that day, too.

It was a good day, with my sister, and this Thanksgiving, I'll be with her and he family again. I'll be missing Leif. I'll be thinking of him, wishing he was with us, but I'll always be thankful for my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment