Saturday, April 17, 2010

Celebration & Thank You

Time to celebrate.


Today this blog has had 10,006 visits since May 15, 2008, which means considerably more than that if we had the lost statistics from April 10th to May 15th.

When I started this blog I had very modest expectations for any real readership. I was writing it mainly for myself, a way to remember my son and all he meant and will always mean to me. It is gratifying and a bit humbling to realize all of the people who have seen this blog, even if only for a moment if they followed a link from a search term in Google.

I wonder what Leif would think. Would he be amazed? Surprised? Embarrassed? Pleased? All of the above? Or be the typical laconic Leif and shrug it off?

Even though I have written it for myself, every writer appreciates a readership, and I am thankful for my almost entirely anonymous readers. May all of you find joy in your lives and may depression never darken you door.

Thank you for caring about Leif.
------------------
This photo of a joyful Leif was taken in a park in Tokyo. I think it was Yoyogi Park, where they rented bikes and had bike paths. Leif would have been 5 or 6 years old.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment