Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Leif's 28th Christmas 2003 - Manhattan, Kansas - Almost 28 years old



When Leif was medically retired from the army in May 2001 and came back to Manhattan, he went back to school at KSU and got his degree. After graduation in May 2003, he went to work at Sykes for a few months, and there, in the fall of 2003, Leif fell in deeply and overwhelmingly in love with a young woman he worked with. She had a toddler daughter, and he took to her as well. I don't think I've ever seen him as happy or exuberant for as long a time as I did when he was with the two of them. He was ecstatic at Christmas 2003, which his girlfriend and her daughter spent with us. I loved seeing him so happy. I wish it could have endured, and I wish I had seen that happiness continue.

But for that time, it was wonderful. I wish I could have seen him that happy every Christmas of his adult life.

No comments:

Post a Comment