Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jerri & Leif with leis in Hawaii, Summer 1983


We lived in Hawaii from the summer of 1983 to August 1986. It was a good time for our family. Leif went to Red Hill Elementary School and his brother, Peter Anthony, was in high school at Moanalua High School. We did so many things together as a family, often going to the beach, to movies, out to dinner and to play video games in video game parlors. I remember those days with great fondness, even though I was chronically exhausted because I was studying for my master's degree at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and working on a graduate fellowship.

I don't know what occasion this was that had us draped with leis, but it's one of my favorite photos of Leif and me together. Unfortunately, I don't have many of us together. I have many photo of him (and of the others in our family) because I loved taking their pictures. This photo was at a happy time when I had little reason to worry about Leif or his future. How I wish he could have beamed that glorious smile for a long and happy life.

I think this photo was taken in the summmer of 1983 when Leif was 8 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment