Wednesday, August 6, 2008

More Bond Father & Son


Here's another photo that was taken at the same time as the last one, May 23, 1987, with Peter W. and Leif posing with the "toy" guns from Japan. That was a fun time for them, and I had a good time taking the pictures. I can see how how much Leif wanted to be the hero. In recent times here in Florida, he had a concealed carry license and told us many times how if someone like him had been in various situations, criminals could be stopped.

I remember the night last year he sent me a text message saying he had just called the cops on a shoplifter at Walgreens and said it was "interesting" being questioned by the officer while "carrying." We communicated a lot by text messaging, which he started me on a couple of years earlier by sending me one and challenging me to figure out how to answer it. I wasn't about to fail that test. :) Anyway, I sent him one back saying I was glad he hadn't tried to apprehend the shoplifter or use his weapon and he said something to the effect of, "Hell, no, not over shoplifting!"

I wish he had had the chance to be the hero he wanted to be, and was capable of being. Chance did not favor him in his adult life.

No comments:

Post a Comment