Thursday, March 19, 2009

Leif & Peter Anthony - Norway - July 1977 - Age 2



In the summer of 1977 we moved from Charlottesville, Virginia to Nurnberg, Germany (actually Fuerth, but it's one large city area) and while we were waiting to get quarters we took a trip by train to Norway. Leif was two and Peter A. was eight years old. We saw spectacular scenery, the mountains and the fjords, met many Norwegian cousins, and saw many more beautiful sights. We experienced the midnight sun.

This was the second trip to Norway for Peter A. and me. We went with my mother and sisters in the summer of 1970 when Peter A. was two years old.

I don't have photos of Leif with any of the scenery as a backdrop, but I have these to precious photos of our two sons together, asleep cuddled up, Peter A. with his army protectively over his little brother, and the two of them snuggled close on a train seat smiling at me.

It was a good trip with happy memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment